Sunday, July 24, 2005

Rainy afternoons

I have been watching the rains since morning, wanting to sms, but restraining myself. Then it comes, the much awaited sms, knocking me far from equilibrium. I take a few minutes to calm down my frayed nerves. Then I reply.

I went through Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four, but I shall comment on it later. I know I can be accused of 'talking by installments', but, now I shall read some more of Camus. I urge you to help me choose between The Plague and The Rebel.

The former was bought from College Street a few days back. While the latter is a birthday gift from Suto. Speaking of Suto, I hope she comes back intact from her trip to London.

Arent there any safe places to go to? Maybe Antarctica? It seems that even, the terror of all terrors, the common cold virus fails to survive there. I wish I could go there. Only if it wasnt for the Ozone Hole!

6 Comments:

At Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:41:00 PM, Blogger babelfish said...

'The Plague' is incredible but I would "urge" you to read 'Exile and the Kingdom'...and my knowledge of Feynman is rather limited to 'Surely you're Joking Mr' Feynman' and 'Feynman's Lost Lectures'(the latter to be very honest went tangentially over my head!)

 
At Sunday, July 24, 2005 10:44:00 PM, Blogger Sayan Chakraborti said...

Exile and the Kingdom was my first introduction to Camus, it was one of my picks from last year's bookfair. After going through it, I managed to borrow The Outsider from Shamashis, a friend who is very "protective" about his books!

 
At Monday, July 25, 2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Sayan Chakraborti said...

OK! Starting with The Plague tonight. Then I'll buy, beg or borrow The Fall. BTW, the new penguin cover designs are awesome.

I'm sure Suto would find it trivial to scare away anyone wanting to cause her any harm.

 
At Monday, July 25, 2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger babelfish said...

Tragic that I always seem to suggest books you've already read!!Tentative question....do you like Kafka?

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2005 12:41:00 AM, Blogger Sayan Chakraborti said...

Well, I havent read any of Kafka, except perhaps Metamorphosis! It went way over my head. Maybe I'm too unaccustomed to this stuff.

 
At Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:32:00 PM, Blogger babelfish said...

I don't mind you "talking in installments", but I'm kinda waiting for the next installment!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home