Monday, August 22, 2005

Compu is dead

I have/had two computers, the older one had the hostname "compu". It was my first computer. It actually meant a lot to me.

It had worked many years beyond its life expectancy. It's CD and Floppy drives had failed long ago. But, it ran a copy of Unstable Debian GNU/Linux and ran it well. Unstable, being a gross misnomer, never displayed any lack of stability.

So, all was fine until the HDD started making strange noises. Its was at that time that I got this new machine. Transfered all my data over LAN. I remember, someone was very paranoid. He wanted to transer all the data in an encrypted form. He said, "You never know, someone might crack the network, sniff the packets, blah, blah..." All, that was meant meant by the "network" was Sayam's own cross-crimped cable, directly connected at both ends to my own computers. Now, who would hack into that?

Sayam? Maybe! You never know.

Today I wanted to boot up Compu again. But it did not respond. I opened it up. I tried out everything that came to my mind. At last, I came to the conclusion that its beyond repair.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Apoplexy said...

Etuku bujhlam computer ear theke bigre geel....tore kache free te sharabo..tore jor hole ba matha byatha korle ami dekhe debo..laptop o sharate pareesh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home